My travel guides aim to give you the best and most up-to-date information on the major travel destinations around the world. (I know how bad it is to get outdated information from a print guidebook so I keep all these pages updated constantly!)
Here you will find things to see and do, information about costs, my best money-saving advice, recommendations on places to stay, suggested restaurants, transportation tips, and safety advice. I give you everything I know about each destination.
No matter what type of vacation you are going on — a cruise, backpacking trip, island getaway, two-week holiday, round-the-world trip, or family vacation — these destination guides will give you all the information you need so you can travel better, longer, and cheaper.
I update this section twice a year to keep the content fresh!
Select a country on the map below or search for your destination.
Regional Travel Guides
General Travel Tips and Resources
Travel is more than just getting up and going. It’s about being knowledgeable so you can travel better, cheaper, and longer. So besides the destination guides above, below you will find links to articles I’ve written that deal with planning your trip and other general advice, so your total vacation is as amazing as it can be. These articles are relevant for any trip, no matter how long!
- How to Find Cheap Flights
- How to Find Cheap Places to Stay
- How to Choose a Backpack
- My Best 61 Travel Tips
- 16 Steps for Planning a Trip
- My Ultimate Packing Guide
- How to Buy Travel Insurance
- 12 Tips for New Travelers
- My Favorite Hostels
- Solo Female Travel Tips
- How to Pick a Travel Credit Card
- Common Travel Scams to Avoid
- 15 Ways to Work Overseas
- 8 Budget Vacation Ideas
- Travel Hacking 101
- How to Travel with a Theme
- Stay in Europe More Than 90 Days
- The Best Travel Credit Cards
My Budget City Guides
Book Your Trip Now!
Below are my favorite companies to use when I travel. They are always my starting point when I need to book a flight, hotel, tour, or train, or for meeting people!
- Skyscanner – Skyscanner is my favorite flight search engine. It searches small websites and budget airlines that larger search sites tend to miss. It is hands-down the number one place to start.
- Hostelworld – This is the best hostel accommodation site out there, with the largest inventory, best search interface, and widest availability.
- Booking.com – The best all-around booking site. It constantly provides the cheapest and lowest rates and has the widest selection of budget accommodation. In all my tests, it’s always had the cheapest rates out of all the booking websites.
- Couchsurfing – This website allows you to stay on people’s couches or in their spare rooms for free. It’s a great way to save money while meeting locals who can tell you the ins and outs of their city. The site also lists events you can attend to meet people (even if you’re not staying with someone).
- Intrepid Travel – If you want to do group tours, go with Intrepid. They offer good small-group tours that use local operators and leave a minimal environmental footprint. And, as a reader of this site, you’ll get exclusive discounts too!
- Get Your Guide – This is a huge online marketplace for tours and excursions. It has tons of tour options in cities all around the world, including everything from cooking classes and walking tours to street art lessons!
- SafetyWing – This site offers convenient and affordable plans tailored to digital nomads and long-term travelers. It has cheap monthly plans, great customer service, and an easy-to-use claims process that makes it perfect for those on the road.
Check out my travel resources section, which includes even more of my favorite travel companies that will save you money, will help improve your travels, and offer great customer service!